Please do not put phone numbers or other personal information in comments, everyone can see them. If you posted something that went away it is probably because I deleted it because it had personal info in it not because of the message.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 14th

Frankly I have no idea how many days it has been so far and I am to lazy count them all, I guess that is good news (that there are to many not that I am to lazy).  Well we have had our four month check up about two weeks or so ago and all is good (yes, I am late in doing an update).  Her biopsies all came back 0 (that is as good as it gets), not rejection and they are about to reduce her steroid again, again good news.  Basically all her tests came back good.  We are pleased.

The biggest issue is trying to decide to continue to reduce her steroid or move her over to another antireject drug which has fewer side effect.  They start with tacrolimus (tacro) because wounds can heal better with it that then then move you over to sirolimus which is easier on the kidneys and has fewer/different side effects.

The steroid she is on (prednisone) is messing with her vision, especially her night vision so driving at night really isn't safe for her.  This will be a bigger issue when it start getting darker sooner so they may try to reduce her steroid first since the side effects from the tacro at this point are manageable. She is also going to see if a different perscription for her contacts will help.

We go back for our five month check up and we will see what they say then.  She sees hematology for the amyloidosis at the six month checkup.  So far the amyloidosis numbers have been stable and we hope they stay there.  IF they going up we will probably be talking a stem cell (bone marrow) transplant sooner than later.

Unless something big happens I will only be making updates after checkups which so far is the only time we have any real news and this is good.  Boring in good!!

2 comments:

  1. Three cheers for BORING! Keep up the great work. :)
    Lots of Love,
    Rhonda and Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. This news gives me a happy heart! :)
    Hugs, Auntie

    ReplyDelete