It seems that there is never a dull moment in our lives. This weekend was the high school prom which our son went to. It was preceded by a few hours of taking pictures of all kinds of people and friends. It seems that everyone goes to the same place to get outside pictures taken. It was kind of nice to the cute couple and some of our friends which we had not seen in a while. After the teenagers got on the ‘party’ bus that they rented to take them to prom the three of us went home, oh did I say our daughter came home for the weekend which later turned out to be a very good thing. Our daughter and I decided that if our son could go to a party so could we, sort of. We got chinese take out and brought it home, yum yum. We were PLANNING on eating chinese food in from of the TV and watch Supernatural that we taped (ok, it was on the DVR so actually we recorded it, give me a break I am old) from the night before. Anyway, Margaret got her plate loaded up and started to go into the family room while daughter and I filled our plates.
We heard Margaret cry out and then pause and cry out again. Apparently she had fallen (and couldn’t get up) and went face first into her plate which shattered when it hit the floor. We both rushed in and saw Margaret on the floor with a bloody forehead. After reviewing the situation it was decided that some of the cuts were pretty good sized so off she and I went to the ER leaving our daughter at home to clean up the mess.
Well five stitches, a bunch of super glue and hours later we were back on our way home again and our wonderful daughter had done a very fine job cleaning up.
What a wonderful way to spend the weekend!
What do you do for an encore, Margaret?
ReplyDeleteYou know, if you didn't want Chinese food, you could have just said so; I'm sure that the others would've been just as happy with pizza or ribs or something. Really, you didn't have to go to such lengths! :P
I have two words of wisdom for you, my friend: Paper Plates.
Seriously, I hope that today's a much better day for you -- for ALL of you! And I hope that #1 Son enjoyed his prom. :)
Hugs,
Teresa
You guys ought to write a book. Unbelieveable! Glad everyone is okay "as for now". :)
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs, Auntie
Had not visited in a while...sooooo...thought I would and bam...plate in the face....DRAMA...OY VAY...
ReplyDeleteLove you all so very very much....
Muriel